Through experiential programming, interactions with staff, and connecting to campus resources, we encourage students in the Balanced Living Community (BLoC) to integrate wellness into all aspects of their Rodin experience. The BLoC provides students the opportunity to engage with seven dimensions of wellness to improve their quality of life and enrich their experience at Penn. The seven dimensions of wellness are social, emotional, spiritual, environmental, occupational, intellectual, and physical. The Balanced Living Community offers students the chance to shape their Rodin experience by taking on leadership roles and planning events for the floor and the house.
Program Objectives and Intended Outcomes
- Gain a sense of self by experiencing a safe, supportive, and respectful environment in which to explore aspects of their own identity and the diversity of others.
- Gain a sense of academic purpose by interact with students and faculty from a variety of academic disciplines.
- Gain a sense of community by engaging in Rodin College House and other campus life.
- Gain a sense of ownership in creating their own University and house experience.
- Identify and articulate a personal definition of wellness that integrates the seven dimensions of wellness
- Identify holistic wellness “strengths” and “weaknesses” in your own life, and develop a plan for addressing the areas where you want to experience additional grow in terms of wellness
- Challenge themselves, through healthful living practices, to strive for wholeness and balance in their lives.
Members of the Balanced Living Community should expect to attend floor meetings and events. BLoC students should expect to create opportunities for students throughout the Rodin community to experience and learn about wellness. Additionally, BLoC students should be active members of the Rodin College House community. This includes participation in Rodin House Council, the Rodin 24 program series, and other house traditions.
The Program Community GAs and Rodin Senior Staff will review all applications. If additional information is needed by the committee, your suite / apartment will be contacted.