The Rodin Arts Collective (TRAC) aims to provide engagement opportunities for students to appreciate and analyze various types of art and culture with a community of their peers, supplementing their curricular education at Penn. TRAC offers students the chance to shape their Rodin experience by taking on leadership roles and planning events for the floor and the House. The TRAC experience highlights the importance in balance for students to achieve academically, personally, and socially through appreciation of the arts.
Program Objectives and Intended Outcomes
- Gain a sense of self by experiencing a safe, supportive, and respectful environment in which to explore aspects of their own identity and the diversity of others.
- Gain a sense of academic purpose by interact with students and faculty from a variety of academic disciplines.
- Gain a sense of community by engaging in Rodin College House and other campus life.
- Gain a sense of ownership in creating their own University and House experience.
- Engage in appreciation of music through a structured environment that fosters musical growth as players, listeners, attendees at live performances, citizens engaged in community outreach, and/or scholars.
- Engage in appreciation of theatre through analyzation of both theater as art and theater as entertainment; and help residents increase or establish an appreciation of the impact of theater on social movements.
- Engage in appreciation of visual arts through developing an environment that fosters our ability to create, curate, critique, and therefore contribute to visual culture.
Members of the TRAC floor should expect to attend floor meetings and events. TRAC students should expect to create opportunities for students throughout the Rodin community to experience and learn about various forms of expression. Additionally, TRAC students should be active members of the Rodin College House community. This includes participation in Rodin House Council, the Rodin Showcase, and other house traditions.
The Program Community GAs and Rodin Senior Staff will review all applications. If additional information is needed by the committee, your suite / apartment will be contacted.